Wednesday, October 29, 2008

OH so so so so close.


I am SO close to being done with Victoria.  I am thinking I need to tear out the neck and do it again.  I picked up too many stitches and now its a little bit wobbly.  No good.  I'm determined to do this right instead of getting sick of the "finishing" and then never wearing it.  So I'm also going to re-sew the sides.  The way I did them, they bulge a little at the patterned portion.... it just so happens that is also the "love handle" region.  I'd like not to look like I am larger than I am.   I'm also pissed at myself for chosing Cascade to do this project.  I'll elaborate when I have the "real" FO pictures up.

Anyway, here are some pictures:



I have a ton of FOs in the works other than Vicky.  My friends had a baby last Sunday and I was totally unprepared... knitting wise.  So here's what we've got on the needles for her:


I am working off of the pattern in Last Minute Knitting Gifts, but making them look like True Religions.  Mommy is very stylish. (:  And every baby needs a pair of designer denim, right?

These two projects are out of the book Easy Baby Knits by Claire Montgomerie.  The mitts are supposed to be garter stitch.  I hate garter stitch.  The I-cord was also not a part of the pattern, but I figured that they are 90% likely to get lost due to the size and fact that they are on an infant.  So I thought the I-cord might increase their likelihood of sticking around for more than one week.

Okay, I really need to get to Loopy for some buttons.  Less than a week until election day!  Happy voting!!!

No comments: