Friday, November 7, 2008

Being a B.A.M.F.

I am composing this post from a coffee shop in Buffalo/Niagra, New York as opposed to the regular location (law school library).  The effect is the same, however... as I'm not doing what I should be: reading over law school-ish things.  (:

I am here in Buff-Niag for a Criminal Law Trial Competition.  No, don't worry. No one is really on trial and law school students have not been dispached to attempt to keep anyone in or out of jail.  Instead, we have been slaving over a faux problem for the last two months for 40 hours a week (on top of school).  On Friday I represented the People of New York in the matter of People v. Helsfinger.  I intended to win. (:  Here is my team, looking like B.A.M.F.s (feel free to laugh)


Well, we didn't win.  But we did advance to the quarter-finals.  We were pretty excited, but that was short lived, as the next round was sudden death elimination.  No go.  And now we have two days to explore Buffalo, New York.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, you want some knitting?  Okay.  

Project Name: Drops 107-15 
Price:  FREEEE
Fiber:  Plymouth Suri Merino (1 Skien) and a bit of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino
Where to get the free patern:  Here



Project Name: Baby Mittens
Price: Debatable
Fiber:  Left over Koigu Kersti, less than a skein
Project Source:  Me (:



So, here are the deal with these little mitts.  I used the measurements originally from a book, but changed the pattern completely after that.  Added an i-cord, changed the decrease, made them in the round, and used a different bind off method.  So I think these are my first real pattern.  I'll think about whether or not that's true and post the pattern in PDF form if I decide it's legal.

Okay, time to be a champion of the people and of justice. (;  Have a great weekend!

No comments: