Monday, November 24, 2008

I do things other than knit


So... I sing.  This is not something a lot of people know about me, but that I am taking more seriously lately.  I have recorded a few times with Ghost In The Console Productions (here in Chicago) over the past few years, but my producer, Patrick, is really pushing me more lately.  And I like it.  

  So here is a non-final mix of the latest song I have been working on.  I wrote this song YEARS ago - so long ago that Pat and I had to knock it down a few keys so that I could actually sing this song.  There will be a real, live drummer in the final cut, but I thought I'd share where it's at right now.  





Someone please pay me to sing so I can stop reading this stupid Civil Procedure book.  Oh, don't worry (hah) I still knit.  

Yup, you counted right, this is the THIRD Habitat you've seen up here.  Don't judge me.  Boyfriend needed a hat pronto.  That's my excuse, at least. 

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I haven't commented before but after hearing you sing, I had to! You have a beautiful voice and it sounds so effortless!

If it ever comes to a full (or partial) album, I'd totally buy one. Or many.

Denise said...

I love it.

Aleks said...

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it. It's good to know people other than my boyfriend and parents enjoy my stuff. (:

Mary Ann - your mouth to G-d's ears. (;

Anonymous said...

Aleks! I love this song. you remind me of Jennifer Knapp. its so lovely. remember I get to shop for you when you become famoose. <3




isionsf is the secret word today!

Aubrey said...

You have a beautiful voice!! I didn't know you had a blog...now I'm hooked!!