Saturday, October 4, 2008

Evidence and my habitat.

I'm still waiting to get the energy to make another sleeve for Victoria.  I have so many projects up in the air right now - working on Christmahanukkah gifts for 5 people - that I was feeling like I couldn't finish anything.   And, if you're a knitter, you know what it's like to weave in the last end and put on your garment.  So much content. (:  So I started a new project, of course.  Logic.  We learn this in law school... pff.  But here I am, on a Saturday morning in the Louis L. Biro Law Library (my habitat) with my new project (Habitat).



I am one of those people who gets angry when I can't find an opportunity to be creative and explore.  Really.  I get dark and scarey and no one likes me.  So today I decided to bring my camera with me on my walk to school.  Here is what I liked:



I want to make this.  It was in the window at Macy's which is celebrating Mr. Calvin Klein.  If anyone can tell what that stitch is, let me know.  It's not garter, that's all I can tell.  If it's still light out when I go home (doubtful), I'll try to get a closer shot.



Both of Chicago's teams are in the playoffs.  This is the first time in 80-some years that the city has been able to fly BOTH flags in front of the Merchandise Mart.



But I love my Sox more than that other team. (:



One of the many differences between Chicago and New York is that Chicago has alleys.  I wish all the alleys were this attractive and pee-free.  The orange blobs on the other side is the Goodman Theatre sign.



I love the juxtuposition of the old and new in this photo.  One thing I love about Chicago is the architecture... this is an example of some of that.



Another architecture shot.  I love that I see this every day on my walk to school.  Thank  you, Chicago, for keeping me sane.

More later.  Happy Saturday

2 comments:

Karin said...

You're a sox fan, same here!

I'm trying to figure out what that stitch is myself, or if it's even knit. It's gorgeous though for sure!!

Anonymous said...

Home slice, i have some presents for you that you neeeeed to take asap and also we need a sewing day :) ta ta! Congrats on trial team!!! you're my fave little lawyer lady