Saturday, September 27, 2008

No crafts, just boots.... okay, knitting at the end.

I saw one of my favorite singers last night at the Lakeview Theater: Marc Broussard. FROM THE FRONT ROW! He put on a RIDICULOUS show.

Obviously, the music was the best part. But the second best part was that my favorite, most well-loved, lived in, comfortable shoes....





got some Marc Broussard on them. (:




I am finishing up Victoria, I swear. I made a trial team at school (this is a big deal, but I wont dwell), which is taking me quite a bit away from my knitting. I'm not complaining. (: So, here is a few snippets of Vicky.  





This pattern is amazing, and I'm not kidding.  I've learned more advanced-ish knitting techniques from this pattern than anything else I've ever read or made.  I was kind of in an advanced-intermediate plateau before I started this pattern.  It definitely took me out of my comfort zone and am now back on the learning track.  I'm very happy about it.

I have the edging done and all of my ends woven in.  I just have to do the sleeves.  I positively HATE doing sleeves.  They are boring.  And what's worse, is I have to do two of them.  Hopefully I'll have an FO next time!  

1 comment:

Shameka said...

Hi I just linked to your blog from ravelry. My advice to you....do two sleeves at a time. That way, when it's done, it's done. I hate doing sleeves too. I want to make Victoria as well, so I am living vicariously through you while I am finishing the sleeves on some other sweaters (arrgghh!!). Your project looks great so far. I also like that it has some beautiful skill-enhancing details.