Friday, September 5, 2008

Samsies

I guess Michael Kors and I are the same height.

Micheal Kors Photo from WWD.com ...............................Me looking like a troll styling Ruthie from Ford Models

Today is crazy - I had my first government-issued drug test this morning. Officer Murgit watched me use the bathroom. I wasn't allowed to flush myself. It was weird to say the least, but she was a very nice lady.

I have orientation with "my judge" today... learning all about the current state of the law in the areas mortgage foreclosures and mechanic's liens. My job, as I understand it, will basically be reading over the briefs and motions of the lawyers assigned to my courtroom to find mistakes and check their application of the law. I'm crossing my fingers that I end up loving the subject matter... or this semester is going to be a bit painful.

Later this afternoon I try out for our Mock Trial teams. I am pretty nervous, but I am at peace with the fact that not many 2Ls make it. So far I've managed to stay a week ahead in homework, so I'm thinking positively about making it but would also enjoy staying ahead of the game if I don't.

Tonight I've got a Trial Advocacy Honors Counsel "meeting"... In law school a "meeting" on a Friday night means one thing: Free beer at a bar in Lincoln Park or Wrigleyville. Tonight is no exception. Unfortunately I have to be in bed early, just like every other Friday night until mid-October. I am training for the Chicago Marathon and have a 19-mile run to look forward to at 6am on Saturday. To that I say *THUMBS DOWN*. I really, truly, hate running.

Beyond today, this weekend is going to be a blur. I wont be done running/showering/bandaging tomorrow until about 12. My parents, on their way to see my seester, BIL, and Misha in Michigan, are stopping in for lunch at 12:30.


Random picture of Misha... because I can't help but brag. (:

In the evening we are getting alllll dressed up to go to a fund raiser dinner for Cancer Wellness (the family of our good friends, who have had an unfair amount of experience with cancer, were very kind to invite us - I hope to have enough $$ to buy a table one day!). Then on Sunday morning we have family brunch with boyfriend's mom, Uncle and Aunt, and cousin and her husband. I haven't seen them since before I went to Delaware, so while it complicates homework getting done, I will be so happy to see them. Plus - who doesn't love brunch!?

Speaking of overcommitment, I've cast-on another sweater. Shame on me, but I can't help it!

I've got all this random yarn that is absolutely begging me to be worn... I can't ignore it, especially since the weather is already starting to change (60 degrees today!) and I'm too poor to buy any of the sweaters I am seeing this season. Speaking of which...

I don't know if anyone else got the new Saks book for Fall (frankly, I'm not sure how I got on that list, but I'm not complaining), but there are just TONS of great sweaters in there that I fully intend on trying to make for myself. Those sweaters and hopefully some good gossip from NY Fashion Week (yay!) on the next post.

Until then - happy weekend!

No comments: