Saturday, July 26, 2008

Racing the Clock

When I came to Delaware for my internship, I rationalized that it wouldn't be that bad, since I had my knitting. (It looks more geeky when typed than it sounds in my head....). Well, 6 days from now I am OUT OF HERE and, of course, I haven't finished the projects that have been on my WIP list for the longest time. On both the Tilted Duster that I'm making for my sister and the Mrs. Darcy Sweater that I'm making for myself (would you believe this is the first time I've made anything for myself??) I have less than one sleeve to finish. And I HATE sleeves. I am determined to finish both of these sweaters, sewn up and blocked, before I go to bed tonight.

In non-knitting news, I finally finished the Follow-The-Lines baby quilt I've had going for a couple of months. I have to say, I love it and I am very proud of it. While I was here in Delaware, our friends held a baby naming Ceremony for their daughter Dara. I felt bad that I couldn't go, so I thought a handmade gift would be most appropriate. I had a little left over fabric, so I'm whipping up a "peanut" to match. I can't help myself! I love that effing Elephant! I am taking pictures tomorrow of all the things I finish this weekend and will post as soon as possible.

And, my most exciting new? (well, not as exciting as going home for good, but...) I ordered Amy Butler's new book Little Stitches for Little Ones this week - it should be at my office by Tuesday!!! Here are some pictures from her site



I cannot wait to get my hands on the Kimono pattern or the diaper bag... and that monkey clothes hamper? RIDIC. Anyway, sorry for the unfun, pictureless blog post. I'll come back strong on my next post!


No comments: