Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I usually love sick days....

....but let me tell you how un-fun they are when you don't have a couch, a tv, or any mode of transport other than your sick legs to get to a store for gatorade and crackers. VERY UN-FUN. So, I pacified myself with Law and Order CI (blegh, I hate that one) and this little girl:



I love love LOVE the buttons. A lot. :D

This is the Baby Placket Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts from the people and Purl Soho. I adore this book - I'm making at least 3 ChristmaHanukkah gifts out of it this year. Adorable. An added plus about Purl? THE PEOPLE WORKING THERE. I purchased a skein too few of Koigu for some socks when I was there. I called 5 days later and the woman helping me remembered who I was and exactly what colorway I bought (that's not easy with Koigu!). Anyways, I'm a Purl fan for life, so excuse my pimping them out.

Anyway, I am now down to the last 2.5 weeks of my internship. My goal was (outside of having a great work experience) to get a lot of ChristmaHanukkah knitting finished... I'll give myself a zero F- on that train. Instead I'm making a lot of right now gifts. Socks for boyfriend, baby sweater for my sister (adult size, but as a new mommy gift, you know), birthday scarf for boyfriend's mom, and other things that I just can't seem to wait to betroth! (: Meh. I'll use the C-H gift knitting for when I need a reason to procrastinate during school.

Tonight I am trying my hand at making two aprons and embroidering (is that a word?) them by hand. I am GOING HOME TO CHICAGO TOMORROW!!!!! because a friend's sister is getting married and boyfriend and I are taking care of the friend's baby. So I am making wedding gifts - hand made aprons. Mine will be the weird gift in the middle of all the nice shiny ones... I guess it's good to stand out. Anyways, I've never embroidered anything in my life, so I will chronicle the experience to the fill extent. Blunders and all. We're here to learn, right?

No comments: