Thursday, July 23, 2009

Quilts in the front, Knitting toward the back.

Just a quick post today. For those of you that read for knitting, I put a new WIP at the end. (: This should be my last quilting post for a while.... **sigh**

Evelyn’s quilt turned out great. More forced attachment therapy for Misha. Here is the quilt and its new owner.





Jayden’s quilt. Well....we are fighting. I pre-washed my fabric, I promise, but the red binding bled and made some un-invited pink dye ripples. I was really disappointed, as I’m sure you can guess. I went to a quilt store to ask if there was anything I could do. And, gasp, there was. Cue the hero music. Shout Color Catcher is a truly amazing product. (I promise, I’m not one of those blogs who is getting paid for mentioning products... don’t worry, friends). You just stick in the drier sheet-looking thing with your quilt and it takes up the “loose dye” from the quilt. I admit that it did not take out all of the dye (unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture), but it did take a substantial amount out of the white areas. Oddly enough, I received an email blast from Purl Soho this morning that was singing the Color Catcher’s praises as well. Looks like Purl is selling it too so it must be good. (:

Anyway, I dropped off Jayden’s quilt today and her mom and dad loved it. I am fulfilled. If only for today. Here are some photos.

<span class=
Quilt + Chicago = a few of my favorite things

<span class=


Oh, you come here for knitting? Okay. Commencing knitting discussion now. My mom bought me a new book this weekend: Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson. Ummmm. Love it. I am making my dad some socks for his 61st birthday. I’m sure he’ll be thrilled.....er... maybe not.


This is my first project using Malabrigo Sock yarn. Currently, I see no difference between Malabrigo and Kuigo. I'm so unfortunate to have to work with two truly lovely yarns. (:

The color is Chocolate Amargo, purchased at Red Sock Yarn Co. in Door County, Wis.

In any case, I am thrilled to have a fun distraction from the lace knitting, which is going...on...forever. It’s going to be gorgeous. Or at least I really truly hope that it will be. I decided that I will not give it to the bride if I wouldn’t wear it myself, because to do otherwise is cruel. A little peeeeek perhaps?

Lacey Lamb
Speaking of unfortunately gorgeous fibers - if you ever have the chance, use this.

1 comment:

Quilted Cupcake said...

So happy to find another quilter/knitter. Your quilt is beautiful (I love chi-town, too)