Saturday, October 17, 2009

Knitting Explosion.

Something has gotten into me. I keep starting and finishing projects. Highly peculiar. Wanna see?

Pattern: Whirligig Shrug
Designer: Stephanie Japel
Source: Interweave Knits Weekend Knits, Fall 2009
Fiber: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Light in Light Winter White
Amount: Barely over a skein
Size 12-18 months




This sweater took me just over 2 days of intermittent knitting. So little time for something so stinking cute. Obviously this is not for my kid, because I have none, but I would definitely slip this on over a plain onesie all the time - the sleeves are short enough that they wont get in food, because it is a shrug, the drool doesn't actually touch the sweater, and it is so easy to put on and take off. Love it. The only thing I would change about it is I would do it in a washable fiber to take all the fuss out. I have some left over Cashmerino, which is washable, and I think I'll be using it to make another for a new baby.

The pattern is very well written with no mistakes that I noticed. I really love the designers adult patterns, too. Check them out on Ravelry. The model is Jayden, who is turning 1 year old on Monday. Time. Freaking. Flies.

Pattern: Habitat
Designer: Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed
Source: Brooklyn Tweed
Fiber: Beverslide Dry Goods, McTaggert Tweed
Amount: Less than a skien
Size: Medium

So, this is the 4th (I think) Habitat that I have made. Every one is just a little smaller than it needs to be, as they don't cover the ears all the way. So I made this one with a chunkier weight... but then I got scarred that Fiancee would be drowning in it, so I just did the medium. Boo. It is, once again, too short. But I still love the pattern. Still love the fiber. I'm not too mad.


Pattern: Angora Baby Booties
Designer: Joelle Hoverson
Source: Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Fiber: Diamond Angorissima... or something like that.
Amount: Half a skien


I've also made these on multiple occasions for different babies. They are so fast, so easy, and so extremely cute. They took me 1 episode of Mad Men and 1 episode of The Biggest Loser.... so 3 hours. Well, off to pull my sources - 2 weeks until publication! WOOOOT!

2 comments:

Brandon D said...

I freakin love your blog and I bet you did not even know that I followed it! My friends, Josh and Kyle, love it too. Kyle like cardigans and Josh likes sweaters. I love it all!

Happy birhtday, Jayden!

michele vold said...

i am bowled over by your talent and i think i want to commission you to teach me to knit. can we do it in an afternoon! i am so jealous that you are producing these magnificent pieces and i don't know how! if you would go into business (like i think you should) i could be your biggest customer and di would be your marketing director. let's go!