Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sweater Purgatory

I'm being punished for being drawn to complicated patterns. Big time. I've been working on these effing sweaters for my mom, dad, and sister for MONTHS and I feel like there is no light at the end of this tunnel. Lookie:

First the Collette Pullover from Interweave:

<span class=


<span class=


<span class=

I'm still loving these colors together. I'm just going a little crazy, as I'm on the second sleeve, and I haaaate sleeves. Thank G-d we don't have three arms or I would give up knitting all together. (: My goal is to finish this sweater by Saturday - Only half a sleeve and the armpits up. Can I do it? Probably not.

How about Daniel from Twist Collective:

Daniel - Twist Collective 1


Daniel - Twist Collective

Don't let little Danny fool you. He is a big, man-sized sweater that will not go quickly like you'd assume. Man sweaters take forever. Man sweaters are not my friend. I still have TWO SLEEVES (barf), one front panel, and the neck to finish. I hate me for deciding to make sweaters for everyone this year.  

Wanna see my new yarn?  Okay, if you insist.

Berroco Ultra Alpaca

Can you believe this is corporate-ey?!  Berroco Ultra Alpaca in some beautiful color.  No idea what I am going to make with it.  Maybe the Central Park Cardigan or the Minimalist cardigan.  Or maybe neither.  I just love this color.

Malabrigo Worsted

And THIS is my new Malabrigo. Just feedin' the habit. It's a sickness. Don't judge. I will be making some leg warmers from Last Minute Knitted gifts using dark grey Kidsilk Haze to go along with it. Yummy.

Malabrigo Lace

Speaking of yummy. How DE-LISH is the color of this, aherm, Malabrigo (don't judge) Lace!?!?! I'm going to make another one of the sweaters that I made for Misha, but this time for a different niece. I am totally in love with how soft and gorgeous this is. I bought two skeins. Maybe there will be enough for moi!? (:

Well, that's about all the excitement for now. My 4th semester of law school starts in less than a week, so I'll probably be posting a lot more. When I don't have anything to procrastinate for, posting is less frequent. (:


No comments: